Randall, D’Arcy, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Instruction
|Office:||CPE 3.422||Mailing Address:|
|Phone:||512-471-3348||The University of Texas at Austin|
|Fax:||512-471-7060||Department of Chemical Engineering|
|Email:||email@example.com||200 E Dean Keeton St. Stop C0400|
|UT Mail:||C0400||Austin, TX 78712-1589|
Ph.D., English, The University of Texas at Austin
M.A., English, The University of Texas at Austin
B.A. History of Art, Tulane University
CHE 333T, Engineering Communications
CHE 384, Graduate Engineering Writing
UGS 302, Reading and Writing Contemporary American Poetry
Engineering-Education Research: Critical Thinking, Inquiry-based learning, Engineering Ethics
Literary Research: Poetry and Poetics, Australian Literary History, Creative Writing Communities
Selected publications (Engineering Education)
- Moore, C.; Randall, D.; Hart, H. “The Big Picture: Using The Unforeseen to Teach Critical Thinking.” Proceedings of the 2009 Annual Conference and Exposition, Austin, TX, 2009. This paper was also featured at the 2009 ASEE Global Colloquium. http://www.asee.org/conferences/v2search.cfm
- Moore, C.; Hart, H.; Randall, D.; Nichols, S. “PRiME: Integrating Professional Responsibility into the Engineering Curriculum,” Science and Engineering Ethics, 2006. V. 12, No. 2: 273-289.
- Hart, H.; Randall, D. “PRiME: Designing Challenge-Based Ethics Instruction for Undergraduate Engineers,” Proceedings from the IPCC Conference, Limerick Ireland (July, 2005): 137-143.
- Randall, D.; Hart, H. “Whose Words Can We Trust?: PRiME’s Modules for Teaching and Assessing Undergraduate Learning in Information Ethics,” Proceedings from the 2005 ASEE Annual Conference, Portland, OR, (June 2005).
Selected publications (Literature)
- “Rising Water: A Crown of Sonnets,” with D. Meischen, S. Wiggerman, W. Hoppe, J. Jensen, K. Oldmixon, E. Scanlon, Poemeleon IV, 2 (winter/spring, 2010).
- “Motherhood poets,” “Adrienne Rich,” “Lucille Clifton,” entries for Encyclopedia of Motherhood. Ed. Andrea O’Reilly. Croton-on-Hudson, NY: Golson Books (2010).
- “Introduction,” Letters to the World: Poems from the Wom-Po Listserv. Ed. M. Richards, R. Starace, and L. Wheeler. Granada Hills, CA: Red Hen Press, 2008: 25-32.
- “‘A Clearing in the Imagination’: Of Woman Born as Literary Criticism,” Motherhood to Mothering: The Legacy of Adrienne Rich’s Of Woman Born. Ed. Andrea O’Reilly. New York: SUNY Press, 2004: 195-208.