Truskett Appointed to Second Term as Department Chair
The following is an announcement from the Dean of the Cockrell School of Engineering, Sharon Wood:
Dear Chemical Engineering Alumni and Friends,
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Thomas M. Truskett to a second term as the Bill L. Stanley Leadership Chair in Chemical Engineering. Tom has brought outstanding leadership to the McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering over the past four years, and the department has experienced several important achievements and milestones under his direction:
- Five new faculty members have been recruited to the department: Keith Keitz, Nate Lynd, Delia Milliron, Adrianne Rosales, and Joan Brennecke.
- The chemical engineering undergraduate program rose to No. 3 in the 2016 U.S. News & World Report national rankings — its highest-ever ranking.
- New courses like Entrepreneurship in Chemical Engineering and Maymester study-abroad courses for Nanotechnology Innovation and Engineering Global Health have been launched to popular demand.
- A new, innovative lab safety mentor program was developed in collaboration with several of our industry partners.
- And perhaps most notably, the department celebrated its centennial in 2016 by raising $28 million to complete the Challenge for McKetta campaign, which provided critical support for student and departmental initiatives.
None of this would have been possible without Tom’s dedication and leadership. Please join me in congratulating Tom as he begins another term as department chair.
Sharon L. Wood
Dean, Cockrell School of EngineeringTags: Bill L. Stanley Leadership Chair in Chemical Engineering, chairman, Cockrell School of Engineering, Dr. Thomas Truskett, McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering, second appointment, Texas ChE, The University of Texas at Austin, UT Austin