Alumna Rebekah Scheuerle Selected for Program for Europe’s Most Talented Students

Rebekah Scheulere (B.S. '13) in the lab at the University of Cambridge.A Gates Cambridge Scholar has been selected to take part in a program for Europe’s most talented students, which explores innovation, creativity and the intersection between music, arts and science.

Rebekah Scheuerle (Texas ChE B.S. ’13) will take part in the Roche Continents summer program which takes place in Austria, Aug. 11 to Aug. 17. The program includes interdisciplinary workshops and lectures which will enable 100 of Europe’s most talented students to investigate the creativity process. Participants will also attend the contemporary music series, supported by Roche, at the world famous Salzburg Festival.

The aim is for the Festival events, including opera, drama and classical music to inspire the students’ discussions about creativity.

Participants are carefully selected from an applicant pool composed of students aged 20 to 29, nominated as the most talented students from professors in universities across Europe.

Rebekah, who is doing a Ph.D. in chemical engineering and is president of the Gates Cambridge Scholars Council, said, “I am very grateful to have been selected for this unique event. I am especially keen to have an opportunity to explore creativity and the innovation process in an interdisciplinary setting.  I feel that this unique opportunity to focus on these important thought processes as an engineer in collaboration with arts students will help me compare and contrast our approaches to innovation. This broadening of perspective I hope to apply to support my use of human-centered design in my research, and in a future career increasing access to medical technology and therapeutics globally. Furthermore, as a piccolo player, I am ecstatic to have an opportunity to attend concerts at this festival.”

**Previously published on the Gates Cambridge Scholar website**

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted on: