Executive Director of Development Kelsey Evans To Join College of Natural Sciences

Kelsey Evans and John McKettaKelsey Evans, executive director of development with the Cockrell School of Engineering, will join the College of Natural Sciences as assistant dean for development effective November 11, 2013. In Kelsey’s new position, she will serve as natural science’s Chief External Relations Officer responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for development operations, alumni relations, and the Advisory Council.

Kelsey has been a part of the Cockrell School development team since September of 2001, when she began as an assistant director. She has advanced her career over the years and became executive director of development in January 2012. She has played an important role in the fundraising efforts for several engineering departments but the closest to her heart has been the Challenge for McKetta, which enabled the Chemical Engineering Department to be named after Professor Emeritus John J. McKetta last fall.  Since 2010, Kelsey has also been a part of the EERC fundraising team, which has generated more than $55M in gifts and commitments.  This past August, the Cockrell School closed the fiscal year with a record $53M in philanthropic support.

Below is a heartfelt goodbye note from Kelsey Evans:

Dear ChE Family:

In the coming weeks, I will be departing the Cockrell School and my development role for Chemical Engineering to join the College of Natural Sciences as Assistant Dean for Development.  My 12 years in engineering, and the 7 I have spent focused on our exceptional Chemical Engineering Department, have been among the happiest and most rewarding of my life.  The ChE alumni, faculty and students have touched my life in a profound way and there was no prouder moment for me, personally or professionally, than when we dedicated the John J. McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering last fall.  Thank you all for supporting me and, more importantly, the McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering by way of your time, talent and treasure. 

I leave gratified, knowing that Dr. Tom Truskett has the vision, talent and commitment to continue to take this spectacular program to the next level, and that my replacement, Mr. Michael Barasch, has the heart, know-how and guts to help chemical engineering secure the remaining $8 million necessary to fulfill our $25 million Challenge for McKetta campaign. 

There is much on the horizon for our department to celebrate and rally behind.  I know I can count on all of you to carry on!  Please keep in touch and see you at the McKetta Tailgate next fall! 

Sincerely,

Kelsey

Tags: , , , ,
Posted on: