Reible, Danny, Ph.D.
|Office:||ECJ 9.102F||Mailing Address:|
|Phone:||512 471-4642||University of Texas at Austin|
|Fax:||Department of Chemical Engineering|
||200 E Dean Keeton St. Stop C0400|
|UT Mail:||C1786||Austin, Texas 78712-1589|
Research Areas: Environmental Engineering
Research Presentation for Prospective Graduate Students
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Lamar University (1977)
M.S., Chemical Engineering from California Institute of Technology (1979)
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering from California Institute of Technology (19781)
Expertise includes sources, transport and fate of multimedia environmental contaminants and the assessment and
remediation of contaminated sites. Studies have involved a wide range of scales and methods, including benchscale,
pilot, and field experiments, and computer modeling. Primary current interest is the assessment and
remediation of contaminated sediments. Dr. Reible has served as PI on projects totaling in excess of $20 million
and has authored/edited 4 books, more than 20 chapters in books, and more than 80 refereed journal papers.
Awards & Honors
Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (2009)
Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (2007)
National Academy of Engineering (2005)
Cited for the development of widely used methods of managing contaminated sediments
Diplomate Environmental Engineer by eminence, American Academy of Environmental Engineers (2004)
Professor and Director Emeritus, Louisiana State University (2004)
L.K. Cecil Award of the Environmental Division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (2001)
Books and Recent Book Chapters (5 books and more than 25 book chapters)
- Reible, D.D. “Contaminant Processes in Sediments,” in Sedimentation Engineering- ASCE Manual Volume 110, Ed. Marcel Garcia. (2008)
- Reible, D.D. and L.J. Thibodeaux, Particle and soluble release of organic contaminants from the sediment bed, Chemistry in the Environment, Italian Interuniversity consortium (INCA), Rome, Italy (2006)
- Reible, D.D. and G. V. Lowry, In situ cap and treat technologies for contaminated sediments¸Chemistry in the Environment, Italian Interuniversity Consortium (INCA) Rome, Italy (2006)
- Danny D. Reible and Tomas Lanczos, Ed. Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sediments, NATO Science Series IV, Earth and Environmental Sciences Vol. 73. Springer-Verlag, Dordrecht, Netherlands (2006)
- Calvin C. Chien; Miguel A. Medina, Jr.; George F. Pinder; Danny D. Reible; Brent E. Sleep; and Chunmiao Zheng, Ed. Contaminated Ground Water and Sediment, CRC Press (2004)
- Reible, D., K. Demnerova, Ed. In-Situ Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sites, NATO Science Series in Environmental Sciences, Kluwer, Netherlands (2002)
- Choy, B. and D.D. Reible, Diffusion Models of Environmental Transport, CRC Press (2000) 184 pp.
- Reible, D.D. Fundamentals of Environmental Engineering, CRC Press (1999) 526 pp.